Lindsay H. Jones.
- Crawley accounts for 4TDs to lead Grambling over Arkansas-Pine Bluff
- Dubois caps hat trick in OT, Blue Jackets put Leafs on brink
- ‘Grinder,’ ‘Grandfathered’ are canceled at Fox
- Kevin Towers’ ultimate baseball legacy: ‘If you were in his orbit, you were happy’
- Biden gets higher approval ratings than Congress, according to two national polls
The bad luck continues for the San Diego Chargers defense.
Backup inside linebacker Jonas Mouton suffered a torn ACL on Friday. Coach Mike McCoy confirmed the injury after Friday’s practice and said Mouton likely will miss the rest of the season.
Mouton’s injury so early in camp is a blow to a defense already preparing to play without starting outside linebacker Melvin Ingram, who tore his ACL during a non-contact practice in May.
The Chargers have placed Ingram on the active-physically unable to perform list for the start of training camp. He cannot practice, and the team will have to decide at the end of August whether to place him on the reserve-PUP list or on season-ending injured reserve.
Mouton’s camp injury is just another setback to his career. A second-round pick in 2011, Mouton missed his rookie season with a shoulder injury. He played in three games and made one tackle as a reserve linebacker last season.
PHOTOS: Top shots from training camp.