Just goes to show that running against someone in an election doesn’t preclude you from being cordial down the line.
- Electronics giant Best Buy sees future in health care
- Jim Calhoun trying not to overshadow UConn’s new coach
- Tennessee Tech hands Belmont first conference loss 89-79
- Coronavirus live updates: US hits 100,000 deaths from coronavirus as states continue to cautiously reopen
- Man paddles 846-pound pumpkin on Missouri River to set world record. They call him ‘Cinderfella’
Former vice president Joe Biden is set to speak Friday at a weekend retreat hosted by former GOP presidential nominee Republican Mitt Romney. The Associated Press first reported the news on Monday night.
“He’s attending because he believes in bipartisanship and keeping good lines of communication open across the aisle,” Biden spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield said.
The three-day conference in Park City, Utah, is typically attended by high-profile Republicans, AP reported.
Biden’s appearance will come a week after he launched a new political action committee, but Bedingfield said the two aren’t related. The former vice president will speak about fighting cancer, among other things. Biden’s oldest son, Beau, died from brain cancer in 2015.
“He has been doing a wide array of speaking engagements and commitments since he left the White House,” Bedingfield said. This is another opportunity for him to talk about the issues that are important to him. Cancer is a huge priority.”.