Meghan McCain posted an angry and emotional tweet Wednesday in response to a report that President Trump has been “physically mocking” her father, Arizona Sen. John McCain.
- Why Rockets want to turn semifinal series against Warriors into basketball warfare
- Finally, a healthier mud pie recipe that’s perfect for the holidays
- Fast-food biz’s bottom line likely unaffected by E. coli romaine lettuce outbreak: Experts
- Pulock’s goal in OT lifts Islanders over Golden Knights 3-2
- prairie view a&m university football
“What more must my family be pu through right now?” She asked, as her father struggles with an aggressive form of brain cancer. “This is abhorrent.”.
Axios reported that Trump has been mocking both John McCain and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., In private. Trump apparently mimics John McCain’s dramatic thumbs down on the Senate floor that killed Republicans’ best chance at a repeal of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. His imitation of McConnell reportedly consists of slumping his shoulders and using “lethargic body language.”.
Trump has a history of taking digs at John McCain. His comment in July 2015 that John McCain is “not a war hero” because he got captured sparked national outrage.
John McCain, a former Navy pilot, spent more than five years as a prisoner of war after being shot down over North Vietnam. During that time he was tortured and spent two years in solitary confinement. Poor medical treatment in prison left John McCain unable to raise his arms above his shoulders.
More:Sen. John McCain: Doctors gave me ‘poor prognosis’ on cancer fight.
John McCain:President Trump is ‘often poorly informed, can be impulsive’.