Si Woo Kim extended his lead at the Valero Texas Open on Friday in a big way.
- How they stack up: These are the most (and least) liked mattresses, according to J.D. Power
- Taylor Martinez’s brother leaving Nebraska team
- University of Minnesota issues safety alert after man kidnapped, robbed at gunpoint
- Seniors and sex: Many adults ages 65-80 are having sex (and most are pretty satisfied)
- full soccer match replays
With a hole-in-one.
Using a nine iron on the par-3 16th hole, Kim’s shot from 167 yards away took a few hops and then buried itself in the cup.
It was his second career ace, with his last one coming four years ago. It’s just the second ace on this course in this event, the last one happening in 2013.
Kim’s hole-in-one is the 22nd on the PGA Tour this season.
READ MORE:Get the latest golf news and analysis at Golfweek.
LPGA:Annie Park misses ANA Inspiration cut after clubs were stolen.
WOMEN’S AMATEUR:Slain Iowa State golfer is remembered at Augusta.
He will try to join J.B. Holmes (Genesis) and Francesco Molinari (Arnold Palmer) on the list of golfers who won the tournament in which they recorded an ace.
The ace extended Kim’s lead to four shots over a slew of golfers tied for second, including Jordan Spieth, Harold Varner III and Rickie Fowler.
Kim finished with a second-round 66. He had four birdies and no bogeys to go with his ace.